Phuket, Thailand Trip.
The Phuket trip has been one of the most fantastic and satisfying traveling experiences this semester, if not the most. Like I mentioned on one of my recent blog's entries; friends are the most important and who take the experiences to the next level. I'm thankful for such a wonderful group we've gathered this semester, in which most, if not all, get along really well with each other. Thank you mates! You're all awesome! :)
Facts and Tips
- Exchange rate for this trip was US$ 1 = ~฿31.5 [ ฿ = Baht ]
- Exchange money before going to Thailand, at Rassada Pier, or at Siam Commercial Bank at Ko Phi Phi. They all had good rates.
- You will encounter people offering you taxis and mini vans services at Phuket Airport; remember to bargain!
- You can take a mini van for from Phuket Airport to Rassada Pier for ฿1000 - BARGAIN!-; the mini van can fit up to 10 people
- The round trip ferry ticket from Rassada Pier to Ko Phi Phi island is ฿1000 at the pier's ticket booth. Sellers will tell you it's cheaper to get it from them; however, don't pay attention and just buy one way since tickets at Kho Phi Phi island are less expensive (฿250 for regular ferry and ฿400 for express ~ 1 hour ride)
- The entrance fee to Kho Phi Phi island is ฿20 which is around US$ 0.66
- You can either book hotels beforehand or right when you arrive to the island
- The average meal price is ฿100-150, which is around US$ 3.30-4
- There are so many places for beverages and snacks and they are really inexpensive [ shakes for ฿50 and desserts from ฿50+ ]
- Check out the nightlife and check out the fire shows around the beach and try playing :)
- There are half day and full day trips to other islands and beaches for ฿400+
- Clothing and accessories are cheaper compare to Phuket city
- Get a Thai body massage [ ฿250+ for 1 hour ] and a fish massage [ ฿100 for 15 minutes ] :)
- Try different restaurants for every meal and don't eat Pad Thai and Pad See-ew for every meal!
- If you're at Phuket city, go to the main street and check out the shows and clubs
- Try renting a Motorcycle for ฿200 + ฿40 gasoline for 1 day
- If you don't want to rent a motorcycle, take the taxi, which is called Tuk-Tuk
- Go to Zip Lining at Flying Hanuman [ Package is ฿3,250 ]
- Get a tour to explore the different islands and caves around Phuket
- FINAL NOTE: REMEMBER THAT NOT EVERY WOMEN IS WHAT SHE SEEMS LIKE!
Ko Phi Phi Island + Phuket City.
Until next time!